Our Offices Will Reopen 5/27
It’s been a long time since we saw your smile in person, and we’ve missed it.
We’ll get you in as soon as we can for an appointment, but ask that you bear with us as we go through a period of adjustment—as you can imagine, we had to reschedule a lot of patients and we’re still trying to catch up. Your patience with us is appreciated!
The health of our patients and team is still of the utmost importance to us. That’s why we’re taking every precaution to maintain a safe environment as we open our doors again. You may notice some changes when you come in for your next appointment.
New Steps to Keep Everyone Safe
Here’s a preview of what those are likely to look like.
- We are purchasing additional protective equipment like n95 masks and face shields, which our team will wear when performing procedures that create aerosols. Luckily, in orthodontics, these types of procedures are infrequent.
- We are staggering appointments to limit the number of patients seen at one time.
- Prior to your appointment, we will ask you to complete and sign a pre-screening questionnaire.
- Please call us when you arrive for your appointment and remain inside your vehicle. Once we are ready for you, we will give you a call or text when it’s safe to come in. We are asking everyone to wear a mask into the office. Patients will meet one of our team members in the atrium of our office. Hand sanitizer will be available upon entering. Your temperature will be taken using a touchless forehead thermometer, and you’ll be asked if anything has changed since completing the questionnaire.
- We ask that only patients enter the office (except those requiring assistance.) If parents must accompany their child, they need to have a mask on and respect physical distancing.
- Brushing stations will be utilized for hand washing only at this time. Please brush your teeth before arriving for your appointment. Our restrooms will not be available to the public. Thank you for understanding.
- Once your orthodontic visit has concluded, we will text or call you to give you an overview of the appointment along with details for your next appointment. This is not set in stone and we’re flexible, so let us know ASAP if the date and time won’t work for you and we’ll be happy to reschedule.
- If you’ve been exposed to or had any symptoms of COVID-19, please refrain from visiting our office until you are well again. We can easily reschedule you for when you’re feeling better!
Phew! We know that was a lot to get through.
With your help, we’ll be able to keep your treatment plan on track and keep our community safe.
We’ll get through this together. See you soon!
Dr. Ryan, Dr. Eaton, and the Champlain Orthodontics Team
Due to COVID-19, we can see more patients virtually on video calls.